Friday 9 March 2012

The Back Story

So a few weeks before I was to leave for uni, my family went away for two weeks. The idea was that I would go with them, but also that I would have a job and be earning money. Neither happened. I stayed at home, by myself, doing not a lot. Doing not a lot gives you lots of time for thinking.
Some of what I though was "I should start a blog about me at uni. It'll be like an online diary."
I started drafting posts in my head, but never got around to actual doing it. I can't really remember what they would of said but I know I was a little worried about going to uni as everyone I knew from school seemed so grown up. I wasn't sure I was ready to leave home and start fending for myself. I was worried that everything might turn to crap and I would have to go home in shame, a burden to my parents (althought they might argue that I still am) and a failure. And I still am (worried that is).
Now I know that people leave home at far ealier than 18 and do fantastically well at it, but I love my parents and I like living at home. I don't have to worry about buying food or bills or anything. I get to live in my little bubble with most of the crappy world stuff being kept at a safe distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment